IBRA board looks to expand womens racing with new position
On December 8th the IBRA Board voted to create a new IBRA Board of Directors position to lead the effort to increase the participation of women at races in Iowa. This will be a full board position with full voting rights. There is no template, preconceived notion, and it is a blank slate.
We need you!
- Are you someone who is interested in being a leader in this effort?
- Are you interested in talking to Race Directors about race formats?
- Are you interested in working with the rest of the Board to help build participation?
If you are interested, here is what you need to do:
- Email jeffvmertz at gmail.com and let him know, Jeff will be compiling a list of candidates.
- Your names will be placed on a ballot and will be voted upon with the new board members in the upcoming election in January.
- Voting will be by the designated membership of each eligible club in the state of Iowa.
- Elegibility is based on being a member of IBRA (Having an active USAC License)
- For the remaining Board Positions only 1 member of each club can be represented on the Board, this position is not limited in that manner. You want to do the job, you get the votes, you get the job!
If you have any questions, please email jeffvmertz at gmail.com and let him know.
PLEASE HELP US OUT, we can grow the sport.
Here are a few links of information that is out there:
Thanks for your interest!